Rick Rakusin, RA
Rick has over 39 years in the practice of architecture and closely-related fields. He graduated from Pratt Institute in New York.
His diverse background includes the following:
- Principal in his architectural practice in New York City
- Assistant Vice President in Facilities at Citibank, N.A. Served as project manager for west coast facilities expansion in the institutional bank
- Worked with a NYC-based design-build firm specializing hotel and conference center work for 6 years
- 12 years as project manager working on warehouse, distribution and industrial projects
- 6 years of experience in defense- related projects at Army, Marine and Air Force installations throughout the US
- Construction management responsibility for land and infrastructure development in family-owned property
- Has worked on projects in 22 different states
His credo is “do the project right the first time-that is your best marketing” and “be true to your work and your work will be true to you”.
Rick also enjoys the challenges imposed for the integration of technology and complex systems within the building design and construction process.
Rick resides in Marietta with his wife and two daughters. He has been a Marietta resident since 1993.